
Lots happening since the last post. Brandon started school with Cam. The first day was rough. He was getting used to being away from Mommy and meeting new teachers and friends. Cam was very upset that she couldn't stay with Brandon all day, especially when he was crying. But it's better now. Cam gets to visit Brandon's room and vice-versa. Brandon also acts as my "spy" in the Penguin Room for James, Cam's "boyfriend" (although I haven't heard too much on that lately so she must have dumped him).
Brandon had his first Easter and Cam had her third. The bunny was very good to both of them in multiple locations. There were four egg hunts that I can think of, yard sales, shopping, and playing outside in the good weather. Carey wasn't feeling well so Cam and I went yardsaling (she bought a "Florida" maraca for $0.50 and was happy. People, especially one woman who approached us at a yard sale, told me how beautiful she was. This happens EVERYWHERE we take her. So I'm not sure if this is common or if I'm the A-hole parent who never compliments other people's kids. But it's always nice to receive the compliments, especially when they're followed by Cam's soft, "Thank you." She's soooo polite!
AND for all intents and purposes SHE'S POTTY TRAINED!!! There is the occasional accident but even those aren't always her fault (she peed on me when I was carrying her inside after not listening for a minute...my fault). But her teachers consider her potty trained. So that's a good thing.
Brandon is growing like a weed. He's very big and VERY strong. He's not always a fan but he does well with tummy time and jumping in his jumperoo and exersaucer. He's just as observant as I remember Cam being (another oft complimented quality of her "youth"). He's SO observant that the constant head movement has given him a nice little bald spot on the back of his head. But I'm sure that will grow back. He loves watching Cam and always smiles at her. Similarly, Cam loves helping with him and always tries to share with him (food, toys, etc.). So everything is going well here.
No comments:
Post a Comment